Estate Transfer Services
When you are dealing with the death of a family member or friend, you may be faced with many important and sometimes overwhelming financial and legal decisions. At American Century Investments®, we're here to help.
Our Specialized Services
We understand that this is a difficult time for you, so we provide a team of specialists who focus solely on estate transfers. We offer:
- One-on-One Service: An Estate Transfer Consultant will be assigned to your account. They will work with you to transfer the accounts and be your contact throughout the entire process.
- Detailed Assistance: After discussing your specific situation, you will be provided a customized packet of information that includes any forms or applications relevant to the account types. Your Estate Transfer Consultant will help you complete the forms and assist you with any questions you may have.
- Personal Goal Setting: We offer complimentary Guidance and Planning to help you plan, invest and manage your entire portfolio.
We recommend that you talk with your tax advisor to determine distribution options that are best for your circumstances and the tax consequences of your decision.
Sample of Required Documents
Depending on the type of accounts you're settling, your Estate Transfer Consultant may ask you for some of the following documents.
- Certified copy of the death certificate
- Trust documents identifying who is authorized to act on behalf of a trust
- Certified copy of an appointment of personal representative of the estate
- New account applications
- Written instructions
Contact an Estate Transfer Consultant at 1-800-422-3301
Documents You May Need
- Decedent Account Instruction Form
Use this form to re-register or transfer a decedent's non-retirement account. See note below.
- Distribution Options for Beneficiaries
Review the available options for IRA beneficiaries.
- IRA/Roth IRA Beneficiary Instruction Form
Use this form to provide instructions for a beneficiary retirement account.
- Survivor's Checklist
Use this checklist to organize important tasks.
Testimonials may not be representative of the experience of other clients and are no guarantee of future performance or success.