Keep your cash working for you and earn interest on your cash between transactions by choosing from four American Century Investments® money market funds for your sweep account. Your money accrues daily dividend before purchases and after sales. We sweep non-reinvested dividends, security transaction proceeds and deposits into the fund you select on a daily basis.
With a Standard Account or Corestone Account, you can choose one of the following four American Century Investments' money market funds for your sweep account. If you are opening a retirement account, you can choose between the first two funds.
- Prime Money Market Fund seeks to earn the highest level of current income while preserving the value of your investment.
- Capital Preservation Fund is a money market fund that seeks maximum safety and liquidity. Its secondary objective is to seek to pay shareholders the highest rate of return consistent with safety and liquidity.
- California Tax-Free Money Market Fund2 seeks safety of principal and high current income that is exempt from federal and California income taxes.
- Tax-Free Money Market Fund2 seeks safety of principal and high current income that is exempt from federal income tax.
Please Note: If you do not choose a sweep fund, the Prime Money Market Fund will automatically be selected for you.
The disclosure below applies to the California Tax-Free Money Market Fund, Prime Money Market Fund and the Tax-Free Money Market Fund:
An investment in the fund is neither insured nor guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Although the fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in the fund.
The disclosure below applies to the Capital Preservation Fund and the U.S. Government Money Market Fund:
You could lose money by investing in the fund. Although the fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1 per share, it cannot guarantee it will do so. An investment in the fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. The fund's sponsor has no legal obligation to provide financial support to the fund, and you should not expect that the sponsor will provide financial support to the fund at any time.
Your consolidated statement records all transactions including trades, checks cleared, Visa® Debit Card purchases and ATM withdrawals. We can also include your brokerage IRA and identically registered regular accounts in the same envelope if you choose. Call one of our Brokerage Investment Specialists to request a Consolidated Statement Mailing form at 1-888-345-2071.
Access your account statements, transaction confirmation statements and regular tax forms for up to 18 months online. You will need to Register a User Name and Password to Log In and securely access your documents online.
Use funds from your account to pay bills or other expenses conveniently using CheckWriting.
Standard Accounts allow you to write an unlimited number of checks. You will receive 100 checks for only $10. Standard Accounts will be charged a $2.00 per month Low Balance fee if the account's net worth is below $5,000. This fee is discontinued as of July 1, 2012.
IRA CheckWriting is available for clients 59½ or older. You will receive a book of 25 checks and deposit slips and can write checks for a minimum amount of $100. Check re-orders are free (25 checks per re-order).
The Corestone Account allows you to write an unlimited number of checks. Your first 40 checks are free, and reorders cost only $10 for 100 checks. Corestone Account customers can write checks for any amount.
- Tracking Checks: Review your account statement to keep track of your CheckWriting activity, including which checks have cleared. Should you require a copy of a check, you may request one for a fee of $2.50 per check.
- Signatures: Checks must be signed as you designated on your account application.
- Stop Payment: You may request a stop payment on any check. However, American Century Brokerage cannot guarantee that our efforts will be successful. You will be charged a $10 fee per item for a stop payment.
- Insufficient Funds: Checks drawn on insufficient funds will be returned. Neither American Century Brokerage nor the clearing bank will be liable for any loss or expenses associated with returned checks. You will be charged a $20 fee for each check drawn on insufficient funds.
- Check Re-Order: If you need to re-order checks, call one of our Brokerage Investment Specialists at 1-888-345-2071 or return the re-order slip in your checkbook.
If you did not select the CheckWriting feature on your application, and would like to add it, please call one of our Brokerage Investment Specialists at 1-888-345-2071.
Corestone Account clients can easily make purchases using your Visa Debit Card anywhere the Visa® or Plus® logos are displayed.
You can use your Visa Debit Card to withdraw cash from your brokerage Corestone Account at 6,500 PNC Bank ATMs and over 43,00 surcharge-free Allpoint network ATMs that display the Visa® or Plus® logos.
Track the purchase price of your investments including unrealized/realized gain and loss information on covered and uncovered shares. This information will be available online, on statements and year-end summary statements (if applicable) as well as tax documents. Enhanced cost basis is included with a Corestone Account; there is an annual fee for Standard Accounts.
RewardSuite is a client loyalty program, which provides points for eligible purchases made with your Visa® debit card and redemption options including air travel, gift cards or cash back. RewardSuite is available only for Visa debit card holders. Please refer to the RewardSuite website, myrewardsuite.com, for information on eligible purchases. If you sign up for RewardSuite, you must abide by the program's terms and conditions.
BillSuite enables you to view, pay and manage bills online. BillSuite is available for all Standard and Corestone Accounts that have CheckWriting at no additional charge. You may use this service by logging in to your brokerage account on americancentury.com.
Customize your tracking and make your book keeping simpler. ExpenseTrack lets you create your own categories for your Corestone Account checking and Visa expenses. Each time you write a check or use your debit card, you assign the purchase to one of the categories you created. ExpenseTrack keeps running totals of each category and reports your totals on your year-end statement.
Experience more freedom and flexibility in trading securities with a secure line of credit. Borrowing on margin lets you use the securities in your account as collateral for short-term cash loans. Using existing assets as collateral for a loan, borrowing on margin broadens your access to available cash.
You can also use margin credit for overdraft protection.
However, you may incur some risk with margin borrowing, and this feature is not for everyone. For more information, you can request our comprehensive brochure about borrowing on margin and a margin agreement by calling one of our Brokerage Investment Specialists at 1-888-345-2071.