Investment Choices for Your Brokerage Account
Access a wide variety of investment vehicles and securities with an American Century® Brokerage account.
- Mutual Funds: choose American Century Investments® mutual funds or funds from other available fund families
- Stocks: all major U.S. exchanges and Over-The-Counter
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs): represents a group of securities but the ETF trades on an exchange like an individual stock
- American Depository Receipts (ADRs): foreign stocks sold on American Exchanges
- Options: Equity, Index and Currency
- Corporate Bonds: a full range of maturities and ratings
- Municipal Bonds: varying maturities, ratings and yields from states and municipalities across the nation
- Zero Coupon Bonds: maturities of one to 30 years
- Government Agency Securities: a broad range of types and maturities
- U.S. Treasury Bonds, Bills, Notes: from the secondary market or Treasury auction
- Certificates of Deposit (CDs): maturities of three months to 10 years from across the nation
- Precious Metals: gold, silver, platinum coins and bullion
Certificates of deposit (CDs) are offered through American Century Brokerage are issued by Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)-insured institutions, and are subject to change and availability. There is a $55 early termination fee and possible market value adjustments. Brokered CDs will fluctuate in market value between purchase date and maturity date due to their ability to be sold on the secondary market. Because the secondary market for CDs is generally illiquid, a significant loss of principal could result if your CD is sold prior to maturity. American Century Brokerage makes no judgment as to the creditworthiness of the issuing institution and does not endorse or recommend the CDs in any way.