Ways to Invest (Buy)
- Invest Online to an Existing Account
- Invest Online to a New Fund Using an Existing Account
- Invest by Check
- Invest by Wire
- There is a hold period of seven calendar days for online investments - these funds are not available for redemption (sell) until this period has expired.
- Investments received on any business day prior to market close (usually 3 p.m. CT) will receive that day's price. Investments received after that time will receive the price determined on the next business day.
- Unless processing has begun, American Century Investments will use its best efforts to honor revocation requests received prior to market close on the trade date of the transaction.
- Current bank information must be provided for your account(s) in order to complete this transaction online. If you request a one-time or ongoing automatic investment, sufficient funds must be available in your bank account to cover the transactions.
*Except for wiring instructions, the information below does not apply to American Century® Brokerage accounts or workplace retirement plan accounts.
What You Need to Know
What is the Minimum Initial Investment to open a new account?
The Minimum Initial Investment to open a new account varies by fund, but is located in the fund's Prospectus or on the fund's Detail page.
What is the minimum investment for an existing account?
The minimum investment required for an existing account is $50.
What is the maximum online investment amount per account per day?
The maximum online investment amount per account per day is $250,000.
Do I need sufficient funds in my bank account when making an online investment?
Although it may take a couple days for the transmittal of funds to occur, it is necessary to have the funds available in your account at the time of the request. Otherwise, the investment may be rejected.
Are you investing in an Individual Retirement Account?
It is important to check that the contributions to your IRA do not exceed the contribution limits for the tax year. This can be determined by logging in from your computer and reviewing your total contributions on the Account Summary page.
- Log In with your User Name and Password.
- On the Account Summary page, find the name of the fund.
- Below the fund name, select Buy.
- Enter the amount you wish to invest ($50 minimum), choose the bank account and select the Continue button.
Invest in a new American Century Investments' mutual fund that you don't currently own by selecting to invest in a new fund using one of your existing registrations (e.g. Individual Account, Joint Account, etc.).
- Log In with your User Name and Password.
- Select the Buy/Sell tab and then select Buy.
- Select Buy a New Fund at the bottom of the page and follow the prompts.
- American Century Investments bank and routing number:
(Receiving bank and routing number)
Commerce Bank, N.A.
- Wire funds to:
American Century Services Corporation
4500 Main St., Kansas City, Missouri 64111
- American Century Investments Commerce Bank account number:
(Beneficiary account number)
- American Century Investments fund or funds into which you wish to invest:
(Reference to beneficiary)
Reference the American Century Investments fund that you want the money to go in.
- Name and address of account owner:
(Originator to beneficiary)
Your name and address
- Additional Information:
(Bank to bank information)
Your Social Security or Employer Identification number
- RFB: (Plan ID for QRP, 457 or 403(b) OR SSN for SEP, SARSEP or SIMPLE IRA)
- OBI: Plan Name
- BBI: Additional free form text if needed.
Please submit your investment check with signed instructions that include your account number(s) and the amount to invest in each account. If submitting a contribution to an IRA, designate whether your investment is for the current tax year, previous tax year or if it is a rollover or conversion. Also indicate whether it is for a Traditional or Roth IRA.
Please provide the following information to your bank to initiate an investment by federal funds wire into your American Century Investments account. If you are wiring to more than one fund, indicate the amount to be invested in each fund. If an IRA, designate whether your investment is for the current tax year, previous tax year or if it is a rollover or conversion. Also indicate whether it is for a Traditional or Roth IRA.
International Wires-Include the following in the wire text:
ACI Swift Code CBKCUS44 (Commerce Bank Kansas City US)
Instructions apply to 457(b) Plan, 403(b) Plan, SEP IRA, SARSEP IRAs and SIMPLE IRA accounts.
Plan Sponsors/Employers, please provide the following information to your bank to initiate an investment by federal funds wire into your American Century Investments account.
Please also specify on the wire:
Provide the following instructions to the financial institution that will be wiring the assets:
The Bank of New York: ABA# 021000018
Pershing LLC Account Number: 890-051238-5
For Further Credit: Your name and American Century Brokerage account number
International Wire Swift Code: IRVTUS3N