- Tax forms are only accessible after you Log In with your User Name and Password.
- Tax forms are held on file, and available online, for 2 years.
- Corrected tax forms are mailed and not available online.
What account types offer online tax forms?
- Individual or Joint Ownership Accounts
- UTMA/UGMA Accounts
- Individual Retirement Accounts
- Business Retirement Plan Accounts
Note: Find online brokerage tax forms and related help by navigating to your American Century® Brokerage account after you Log In.
Which tax forms are currently available online?
- IRS Form 1099-DIV - Reports taxable distributions and capital gains for non-retirement accounts. Distributions are taxable if received in cash or reinvested.
- IRS Form 1099-B - Reports redemptions and exchanges from non-money market, non-retirement accounts.
- IRS Form 1099-R - Reports redemptions from tax-deferred accounts.
- IRS Form 5498 - Reports contributions to certain retirement accounts, including SEP-IRAs, SIMPLE-IRAs, and Rollover IRAs (traditional and Roth). This form will be sent in May.
Who will receive a 1099 tax form?
- IRS Form 1099-DIV - An investor that has received a distribution, either in cash or reinvested, of dividends and/or capital gains in a taxable account.
- IRS Form 1099-B - An investor who sells shares or exchanges shares in a taxable (non-money market) account.
- IRS Form 1099-R - An investor who sells shares from a tax-deferred account, including traditional IRA, SEP-IRA, SIMPLE-IRA, Roth IRA, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts (CESA) or business retirement plan accounts, or converts a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA.
Why is my tax form not available online?
- Corrected Tax Forms - If your 1099-DIV, 1099-B, or 1099-R tax form has been corrected, it will be mailed. The corrected form, and any other forms under your Tax Identification number, will be available online.
- IRS Form 1099-DIV - Accounts with a distribution of $10 or less are not reported to the IRS. A 1099-DIV is mailed by the end of January, but will not be available online.
- IRS Form 1099-R - Custodian to Custodian transfers and Maintenance fee deductions are not reported to the IRS and will not generate a 1099-R by mail or online.
How can I print my tax form?
When viewing your tax form, select the Print button at the top-right of the form.
- Log In with your User Name and Password.
- Select Statements and Tax Forms.