- Tax forms are only accessible after you Log In with your User Name and Password.
- Tax forms are held on file, and available online, for 2 years.
- Corrected tax forms are mailed and not available online.
What account types offer online tax forms?
- Individual or Joint Ownership Accounts
- UTMA/UGMA Accounts
- Individual Retirement Accounts
- Business Retirement Plan Accounts
Note: Find online brokerage tax forms and related help by navigating to your American Century® Brokerage account after you Log In.
Which tax forms are currently available online?
- IRS Form 1099-DIV: Reports taxable distributions and capital gains for non-retirement accounts. Distributions are taxable if received in cash or reinvested.
- IRS Form 1099-B: Reports redemptions and exchanges from non-money market, non-retirement accounts.
- IRS Form 1099-R: Reports redemptions from tax-deferred accounts.
- IRS Form 5498: Reports contributions to certain retirement accounts, including SEP-IRAs, SIMPLE-IRAs, and Rollover IRAs (traditional and Roth). This form will be sent in May.
Who will receive a 1099 tax form?
- IRS Form 1099-DIV: An investor that has received a distribution, either in cash or reinvested, of dividends and/or capital gains in a taxable account.
- IRS Form 1099-B: An investor who sells shares or exchanges shares in a taxable (non-money market) account.
- IRS Form 1099-R: An investor who sells shares from a tax-deferred account, including traditional IRA, SEP-IRA, SIMPLE-IRA, Roth IRA, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts (CESA) or business retirement plan accounts, or converts a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA.
Why is my tax form not available online?
- Corrected Tax Forms: If your 1099-DIV, 1099-B, or 1099-R tax form has been corrected, it will be mailed. The corrected form, and any other forms under your Tax Identification number, will be available online.
- IRS Form 1099-DIV: Accounts with a distribution of $10 or less are not reported to the IRS. A 1099-DIV is mailed by the end of January, but will not be available online.
- IRS Form 1099-R: Custodian to Custodian transfers and Maintenance fee deductions are not reported to the IRS and will not generate a 1099-R by mail or online.
How can I print my tax form?
When viewing your tax form, select the Print button at the top-right of the form.
IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: American Century Companies, Inc. and its affiliates do not provide tax advice. Accordingly, any discussion of U.S. tax matters contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, in connection with the promotion, marketing or recommendation by anyone unaffiliated with American Century Companies, Inc. of any of the matters addressed herein or for the purpose of avoiding U.S. tax-related penalties.
This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor for more detailed information or for advice regarding your individual situation.