A Rollover IRA is an account established by investors who change jobs or retire and receive an eligible distribution from their employer's qualified retirement plan, such as a 401(k), 403(b), 457, money purchase pension or profit sharing plan.
- Generally, earnings grow tax deferred and are taxed at your ordinary income tax rate upon withdrawal.
- Receive personalized rollover assistance from American Century Investments®, including help with investment selection, the paperwork and monitoring of the process.
- For American Century® Brokerage accounts, CheckWriting is available to investors who are over age 59½.
||If you have an eligible distribution from an employer-sponsored retirement plan due to changing jobs or retiring, you may open a Rollover IRA.
- Funds held directly with American Century Investments: Select from a variety of mutual funds based on your risk tolerance and investment objectives.
- American Century Brokerage: Choose from over 10,000 mutual funds, as well as publicly traded stocks, bonds, and more.
|Minimum Initial Investment
- Funds held directly with American Century Investments: $2,500 per fund. Some funds may require higher minimums.
- American Century Brokerage: $2,500 per account.
|Annual Contribution Limits
||Contributions not allowed. You can open a Rollover IRA only for the amount of the eligible distribution from your employer-sponsored retirement plan.
- Early withdrawal penalties may apply for withdrawals prior to age 59½.
- Withdrawals for special purposes may be permitted prior to retirement.
||Minimum distributions required beginning at age 70½.
- Funds held directly with American Century Investments: A $12.50 semiannual account maintenance fee is charged to investors whose total investments with us are less than $10,000 for each taxpayer identification number (for example, Social Security number).
- American Century Brokerage: A $50 annual custodial fee is charged per account. This fee is waived for Platinum, Gold and Silver Priority Investors or if the balance of the account is over $10,000. See Fees and Commissions for more information.
|Secure Online Account Access
||Simply create a User Name and Password and Log In to:
- View account balances
- Conduct online transactions
- View online statements and tax forms (if available)
- Perform account maintenance, such as changing your address*
- And more.