Why Choose American Century Investments®?
As a leading asset manager, we have been helping investors with their financial goals for nearly 60 years. Helping you invest for the retirement you want is our commitment to you. When you invest with us, you can also invest in the future of others and have the potential to impact the lives of millions. Learn how you can make an impact.
Together we can become a powerful force for good…it’s like nothing you’ve ever seen from a money management firm.™
By choosing American Century Investments for your retirement plan investments, you can count on:
- A full range of no-load stock, bond and money market mutual funds.
- No minimums to get started.
- Your contributions are always yours, even if you change jobs.
- Investment guidance at no additional cost.
Why pay extra?
Why pay extra when you can invest in no-load mutual funds? All of your retirement plan choices are no-load, which means you don’t pay any up-front or back-end sales charges1. Over time, that can add up to substantial savings.
1 Both load and no-load funds have an expense ratio, which is the amount (%) of total investment that shareholders pay annually for mutual fund operating expenses and management fees. The expense ratio is taken out of each fund’s current income, is disclosed in the prospectus and can be located on performance tables for each fund.
Contributions & Fees
How much can I contribute?
- Under Age 50: Payroll deductions up to $18,000*
- Age 50 or Older: Payroll deductions up to $18,000*, plus $6,000* in catch-up contributions
- 403(b)s and 457(b)s allow additional catch-up contributions too
- 403(b) combined employee and employer contributions (excluding catch-up) cannot exceed 100% of your pay or $54,000*, whichever is less
*Limits listed are for 2017, set by the IRS sets annually
- Pretax contributions reduce your current income
- Roth contributions are taken after taxes, but allow tax-free qualified withdrawals when you retire (Not available on all plans)
- Waived if you have $10,000 or more in investments; $15.00 annual custodial fee per fund if you have less than $10,000
Get more details about 403(b)/457(b).
Support & Guidance
- One-on-one guidance
- Education and tools to help you plan for retirement
- Help available by phone at 1-800-345-3533 or online 24/7
Manage Your Retirement Investments Easier
Having all of your retirement savings in one place can make it easier to track your progress toward your goal. Consider consolidating your investments with us. Complete the Request to Transfer form to get started.
IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: American Century Companies, Inc. and its affiliates do not provide tax advice. Accordingly, any discussion of U.S. tax matters contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, in connection with the promotion, marketing or recommendation by anyone unaffiliated with American Century Companies, Inc. of any of the matters addressed herein or for the purpose of avoiding U.S. tax-related penalties.
This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor for more detailed information or for advice regarding your individual situation.
Diversification does not assure a profit nor does it protect against loss of principal.
IRA investment earnings are not taxed. Depending on the type of IRA and certain other factors, these earnings, as well as the original contributions, may be taxed at your ordinary income tax rate upon withdrawal. A 10% penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal before age 59½.
Please consult your tax advisor for more detailed information regarding the Roth IRA or for advice regarding your individual situation.
Taxes are deferred until withdrawal if the requirements are met. A 10% penalty may be imposed for withdrawal prior to reaching age 59½.