Make sure your legacy is directed as you choose by managing your beneficiaries for your American Century Investments® accounts.
Individual Retirement Accounts
Manage beneficiaries for your retirement accounts securely online*. Retirement accounts include Traditional IRA, Rollover IRA, Roth IRA, Roth IRA Conversion, Minor IRA, and Minor Roth IRA.
Follow these step-by-step directions below:
- Log In with the User Name and Password registered to the individual retirement account.
- Select Update My Information in the margin.
- Select Manage Beneficiaries.
*If you would like to add a new or modify an existing trust or other entity as a beneficiary, please complete the Designation of Beneficiary form and return accompanied with any additional documentation, as indicated in the form. Generally, an entity has a separate identifiable existence that is created for legal or tax purposes. Examples of entities include a trust, charity, your estate, endowment, partnership, corporation, etc.
Taxable Mutual Fund Accounts
Taxable accounts are accounts that are reportable to the IRS on an annual basis, meaning you are taxed on any:
- dividends and capital gains distributed by the fund each year-the tax rate varies depending on the type of income distributed and your tax bracket
- capital gains when you sell shares or exchange them for another fund-the tax rate varies depending on how long you owned the shares and your tax bracket
Workplace Retirement Plan Accounts
Manage beneficiaries for your workplace retirement accounts securely online. Workplace retirement accounts include 403(b) Plan, 457(b) Plan, SEP IRA, SIMPLE IRA and SARSEP Plan.
- Log In with your User Name and Password.
- Select your workplace retirement account under Portfolio of Accounts in the margin.
- Select the Transactions & Plan Details link under the Plan Summary tab.
- Select Beneficiary Add/Update under Retirement Plan Main Menu in the margin.
- Review beneficiary inforamtion, or select Add Beneficiary and follow the prompts.