What You Need to Know
- American Century® Brokerage accounts and company sponsored retirement plan accounts cannot remove bank information online. Please contact us to remove your bank information from these accounts.
- Removing bank information affects all accounts registered under the same Tax Identification number (Social Security or Employer Identification number).
- Remove Bank is only displayed if you have at least one bank account on file.
- Before removing a bank account, please Stop Existing Automatic Investments for that bank account first. If an Investment or Automatic Investment is pending, you must wait until this transaction is complete (2-3 business days) before removing the bank account.
- Automatic Investments can be re-established through another existing bank account, or by adding new bank information online (see Add Bank) and re-establishing through the new bank account.
- If you have multiple bank accounts on file, one bank account will always be designated as the primary account. If you remove the primary bank account, you must designate a new primary bank account from the remaining bank accounts on file. The primary bank account is used when no other bank is selected for transactions, such as investments and, automatic investments.
- When the primary bank is removed and a new primary bank is designated, a 7 calendar day hold period is placed on the new bank before it can be used for redemptions. The holding period begins the first business day after receiving the request.
Steps to Remove Bank Information*
- Log In with your User Name and Password.
- Select Update My Information in the margin.
- Select Remove Bank.
*Not available for American Century® Brokerage accounts or company sponsored retirement plan accounts.