We offer several ways for you to manage your accounts, which are described in the following sections. Most forms are available in the Form Center.

Add or Change an Automatic Investment

Learn how to start or change a regularly scheduled investment by reviewing help topic. Complete an Automatic Investments PDF form if you wish to make changes by mail or fax.

Add or Change CheckWriting Service

If your fund allows CheckWriting, you can add or change this service using the CheckWriting Authorization PDF form.

Change Your Address or Telephone Number

Change this information online by visiting the Update My Information page. You also may mail or fax written instructions or contact us.

Change Your Bank Information

Learn more by reviewing the or  help topics. Contact us if you wish to make changes by mail or fax.

Ready to make changes online right now?
Log In and visit the Update My Information page to get started.

Change Your Distribution Options

Change how you want to receive dividends and capital gains by contacting us or mailing us your instructions.

Options available include:

  • Reinvest dividends and capital gains into your account
  • Reinvest dividends and send capital gains to one destination
  • Reinvest capital gains and send dividends to one destination
  • Send all dividends and capital gains to one destination

If you decide not to reinvest, you can send your dividends and/or capital gains to your choice of destination, which includes:

  • Another American Century Investments® account
  • Electronically to your bank
  • By check to your home address
  • By check to another name and/or address

Change Your Name

If you change your name due to marriage or divorce, complete a Notice of Name Change PDF form. If you change your name for other reasons, please also include legal documentation supporting your name change with the form.

Transfer Shares to Someone Else or Add Another Owner

When you add or remove owners from your account, or transfer shares to someone else, you are changing ownership on the account. In most cases we will establish a new account number for you with the new information you provide on the Transfer of Ownership Form PDF. If transferring to an IRA or CESA, the new owner must also complete the appropriate application.

Designate or Change an IRA or CESA Beneficiary

Periodically review your beneficiary designations, especially if there has been a change in your family status, such as marriage, divorce, death, or birth/adoption of children. Contact us for the appropriate form to change your designated beneficiary.

Account Research

You may request research into your account history. A $15 per hour fee may apply.

Returned Investments

We will automatically deduct $20 from your account for any returned investment or payment. Reasons for returned investments or payments include:

  • Stop payments
  • Checks or electronic transfers drawn on insufficient funds
  • Checks with irregularities including, but not limited to, a questionable signature