Start your application now and choose your investments.
Accounts are available only to U.S. citizens and U.S. resident aliens.
A standard account will be opened. To upgrade to a Corestone Account ® which includes additional features such as unrealized gain/loss tracking and debit card, complete and return theBrokerage Corestone Account Application .
We will use the first owner's name and U.S. Social Security number for IRS reporting purposes unless you give alternate instructions.
Joint Ownership Registration:
Your account will be registered as joint tenants with rights of survivorship. If you wish to elect a different tenancy clause, or reside in Louisiana, please complete apaper application .
Primary Owner's Street Address
(no P.O. or Private Mail Boxes permitted)
(Example "Apt 101")
Primary Owner's Mailing Address (
check if same as above)
(P.O. or Private Mail Boxes are permitted)
We are required to have all the information below before we can open this account.
Are you (any account owner, trustee, agent or authorized signer) or an immediate family member (spouse or domestic partner, minor child or a relative who shares your home) employed by or affiliated with a member firm of an exchange or FINRA, including American Century Investments?*
If yes, list company, name, position, affiliation and address below. A letter and duplicate statements will be sent to the employer in accordance with current regulations.
Are you (any account owner, trustee, agent or authorized signer) or an immediate family member (spouse or domestic partner, minor child or a relative who shares your home) a registered investment advisor?*
Are you (any account owner, trustee, agent or authorized signer) or an immediate family member (spouse or domestic partner, minor child or a relative who shares your home) a natural person, corporation, partnership, trust or otherwise, with total assets of at least $50 million?*
Are you (any account owner, trustee, agent or authorized signer) or an immediate family member (spouse or domestic partner, minor child or a relative who shares your home) a director, a 10% shareholder or policy-making executive of a publicly traded company?*
Are you (any account owner, trustee, agent or authorized signer) or an immediate family member (spouse or domestic partner, minor child or a relative who shares your home) a large trader?*
The minimum initial investment for a standard account is $2,500 and $10,000 for a Corestone account. Checks must be payable to American Century Brokerage.*
I will mail a check payable to American Century Brokerage in the amount of:
American Century Investments
P.O. Box 419146
Kansas City, MO 64141-6146
I will mail
Certificates must be endorsed exactly as they are registered and have Pershing LLC written on the line between "appoint" and "attorney."
Complete theBrokerage Transfer Form .
Fill out one Brokerage Transfer Form per financial institution and attach a copy of the most recent statement(s) showing the assets to be transferred.
American Century Investments
P.O. Box 419146
Kansas City, MO 64141-6146
You can transfer mutual fund shares from an American Century Investments individual or joint account to your new brokerage account.
If transferring funds in-kind and the fund ownership remains intact, no taxable event will be incurred. If liquidating the funds and transferring the cash, this may be a taxable event. Please note:
Transfer in-kind - The account registration must be identical. Indicate the number of shares to transfer in-kind below. All money market funds will be liquidated.
Liquidate - The current mutual fund shares will be sold and transferred as cash to the brokerage account. If transferring among accounts with different registrations, please mail a letter of authorization with all owners' signatures. For transfers exceeding $100,000, your letter of authorization must have all owners' signatures guaranteed. Indicate the dollar amount to liquidate below.
Automatic investments on your mutual fund account will be discontinued. To set up an automatic or one-time investment on your new brokerage account, complete theBrokerage Investment and Redemption Form
Unmatured Giftrust accounts are not available for transfer to a brokerage account
By submitting this form you are authorizing us to transfer the fund(s) listed below from American Century Investments
Complete for Internet Access: Go toamericancentury.com/brokerage for account information, online trading, and to sign up for electronic delivery of your account documents.
Automatic Sweep Account (required)
The sweep program consists of sweep options, which may include money market mutual funds or bank deposit products. Once a sweep option is elected, any free credit balance in your brokerage account will be automatically invested into the sweep product selected. Any debits in your brokerage account will also be covered automatically by redemptions, to the extent you have a balance in the sweep product sufficient to cover the debit balance.
Select one of the money market funds below.*If you do not select a fund, your cash balance will automatically be swept into the Prime Money Market fund.
You should consider the fund's investment objectives, risks, and charges and expenses carefully before you invest. The fund'sprospectus or summary prospectus , which can be obtained by calling 1-888-345-2071, contains this and other information about the fund, and should be read carefully before investing. Investments are subject to market risk.
The disclosure below applies to the California Tax-Free Money Market Fund, Prime Money Market Fund and the Tax-Free Money Market Fund.
Money Market Fund: You could lose money by investing in the fund. Although the fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1 per share, it cannot guarantee it will do so. The fund may impose a fee upon sale of your shares or may temporarily suspend your ability to sell shares if the fund's liquidity falls below required minimums because of market conditions or other factors. An investment in the fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. The fund's sponsor has no legal obligation to provide financial support to the fund, and you should not expect that the sponsor will provide financial support to the fund at any time.
The disclosure below applies to the Capital Preservation Fund and the U.S. Government Money Market Fund.
Money Market Fund: You could lose money by investing in the Fund. Although the Fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per share, it cannot guarantee it will do so. An investment in the Fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. The Fund's sponsor has no legal obligation to provide financial support to the Fund, and you should not expect that the sponsor will provide financial support to the Fund at any time.
Establish the convenience of easy access to your American Century Brokerage account by completing theBrokerage CheckWriting Service Authorization .
Establish a Corestone Account and enjoy the flexibility of CheckWriting, Visa ® Debit Card and enhanced cost basis tracking by completing theBrokerage Corestone Account Application .
Enhanced Cost Basis (optional)
I would like to set up Enhanced Cost Basis, which will display realized/unrealized gains on statements and online, for an annual cost of $25, waived for Priority Investors.
Add Bank Information (optional)
To invest funds from your bank or to send funds to your bank by ACH (Automated Clearing House) or wire, complete ourBrokerage Investment and Redemption Form .
Margin borrowing may provide overdraft protection and a secured line of credit for liquidity of purchases. To provide you with these benefits, the account may automatically be established with the margin feature unless you check the box below.
Addition of this feature is subject to American Century Investments' approval and may require a review of your credit history. Margin borrowing involves additional risks and is not suitable for all investors. Submitting this application acknowledges that you have read the Margin Agreement section of theCustomer Agreement and agree to their terms.
Cost Basis Reporting Method
For information on your default cost basis elections and options available to you, please visitWhat the Changes to Cost Basis Mean to You.
If you would like duplicate account statements or trade confirmations sent to a different address, please provide the address below.
Mutual Fund and Equity Dividend Reinvestments
Dividend and capital gain distributions may be reinvested or swept into your brokerage account. New mutual fund purchases default to reinvest. Equity purchases default to pay the distributions as cash to your sweep account. A security issuer may declare an optional dividend that requires you elect either cash or stock prior to payment. We will apply your dividend reinvestment instruction to any future optional dividends, unless you notify us of alternate instructions prior to the election cut-off time. If you desire to change the defaults, please contact us at 1-888-345-2071 once your account is established.
* I/We acknowledge receipt of a current prospectus for the applicable American Century Investments money market fund.
* I/We acknowledge that American Century Investment Services, Inc. ("American Century"), acting through one of its divisions, American Century Brokerage, does not provide investment, tax or legal advice and makes no recommendations concerning securities purchases and sales.
* With my signature on this document, I authorize any free credit balance in my account to be automatically invested into the sweep product elected, unless I instruct American Century differently. Pershing LLC is further authorized to rely on instructions that I give to American Century regarding my sweep elections. I agree that my sweep option may be changed, including changes between money market funds and bank deposit products, with prior notification to me.
* All securities transactions are accepted by American Century on an unsolicited basis and are the result of independent action by me/us.
* If a brokerage Standard Account with CheckWriting or Corestone Account is selected, I/we consent and agree to all terms and conditions of Section II of the Customer Agreement.
* If I choose, I authorize PNC Bank, N.A. to issue Visa(R) debit card(s), and The Bank of New York Mellon to issue checks as indicated on this application. Prior to submitting, I/we have received and read Section II of the Customer Agreement, as currently in effect and as amended from time to time, which governs my Brokerage Account and associated debit card, CheckWriting and related services, and I agree to be bound by such Customer Agreement.
* To the extent that I/we engage in Precious Metals transactions, I/we agree to all terms and conditions of the Precious Metals Section of the Customer Agreement.
* In consideration of American Century, its employees or agents providing the services established on this form, I/we agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify American Century, its officers, agents, employees, affiliates and successors from all losses, claims, expenses and liabilities that any of them may suffer arising from, or as a result of, American Century's acceptance of transaction instructions through these services.
* I/We understand that neither American Century nor any affiliated companies shall be responsible or liable for any damages related to online service including, but not limited to, those caused by theft, unauthorized access, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment, communications line failure, telephone or interconnectivity problems, or other occurrences beyond their control.
* Pershing will report tax information, including cost basis information for sales of covered securities, to the IRS annually. American Century is not required to report tax information on financial institutions, insurance companies or C Corporations. We will use the default disposition method of First In First Out (FIFO) in reporting cost basis for a sales of all securities, except for mutual funds transferred directly from American Century Investments with average cost disposition. Bonds contain a provision that allow investors to amortize the premium or accrue the discount using different methods. We will amortize taxable bond premiums, accrue market discount based on the Ratable Method, and not include market discount in income annually unless advised otherwise. Additional information regarding cost basis methods can be found at americancentury.com. You may make an alternative election by forwarding a signed request to American Century. Please consult a tax advisor for any questions regarding your specific tax situation.
* Important Information About New Accounts: A federal law, established to help stop the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, requires financial institutions to verify the identity of each person who opens an account. American Century will verify your identity using the documents and information requested on this application. In some instances, we may request additional documentation.
I/WE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SECURITIES NOT FULLY PAID FOR BY ME/US MAY BE LOANED TO AMERICAN CENTURY OR PERSHING LLC, A SUBSIDIARY OF THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON CORPORATION, OR LOANED OUT TO OTHERS.
I/WE HAVE RECEIVED, READ, UNDERSTOOD, CONSENT AND AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AMERICAN CENTURY BROKERAGE CUSTOMER AGREEMENT ("CUSTOMER AGREEMENT") AND FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE CUSTOMER AGREEMENT CONTAINS A PREDISPUTE ARBITRATION CLAUSE, WHICH IS LOCATED IN SECTIONS B.23 AND B.24, PAGE 14, AND SECTIONS 20 AND 21, PAGE 32, IN THE CUSTOMER AGREEMENT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
* I understand this online application is binding and that by clicking 'Submit' below that I am entering into a binding contract with American Century Brokerage under the terms described in this application.
The number on this form is my correct taxpayer identification number.
I am not subject to backup withholding because:
(a) I am exempt from backup withholding, or
(b) I have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or
(c) the IRS has notified me that I am no longer subject to backup withholding.
I am subject to backup withholding because:
(a) I am not exempt from backup withholding, or
(b) I have been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or
(c) the IRS has not notified me that I am no longer subject to backup withholding.
The IRS does not require your consent to any provision of this document other than the certifications required to avoid backup withholding.
I am a U.S. citizen or other U.S. person.
We do not accept written trade instructions. To initiate a trade, please access your account at americancentury.com or call TeleSelect at 1-888-345-2091 or contact us at 1-888-345-2071.
American Century Investments respects your privacy. We may use the information you provide to communicate with you and to provide information about our products and services. Read more about our Privacy & Security Policy
Brokerage Services are provided by American Century Brokerage, a division of American Century Investment Services, Inc., registered broker/dealer, member FINRA , SIPC .
Call us at 1-888-345-2071